William, Charlie, Ikey, Benny, Henry

William, Charlie, Ikey, Benny, Henry

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Worst blogger

Sorry for the posting lapse! I'm still figuring out how this new venture fits into my life, particularly since I've spent the last decade avoiding anything technology-related. I much prefer cards in the mail, books with pages, and a real friend's voice on the phone, but apparently ALL the cool kids text and Facebook, so the blog is my personal effort to get with the times. Checking email has previously been the extent of my "budgeted" computer time, so I'm not the best blogger. It's an acquired skill, I suppose.

Jason took several vacation days following the holiday weekend, so we spent the week in Wisconsin. It was awesome and stressful all at the same time. I can post pictures of all the fun things we did:
Ski Hi Apple Orchard
Trip to Great Grandma and Grandpa's, complete with fish fry...
Awesome auction at the fairgrounds where I acquired these two small stools (perfect for 2 of my boys, but hmmm...which 2? Maybe whoever's in timeout!!!) for $15...new seat coverings coming soon!
Thursday was a big day...the babies turned 6 months, I turned 32, and the Pack kicked off their season! (William holds his arms up for "touchdown" every time he spies Packers anything. Conversely, he holds his nose every time he sees Bears apparel. Super funny most of the time, but living in IL, it also creates some really embarrassing moments. Like in the grocery store when he spotted a woman wearing a Bears coat and yelled, "MAMA! MAMA! MAMA!"...POINTING at her with one finger and holding his nose with the other. Oops.
And finally a 1st Birthday Bash on the way home.
Can you believe that 6 out of the 7 kids in this pic were preemies?!? "Miracle Club" from left to right : Charlie, Ike, Ben (27 weeks), Bryce and Kaelyn (25 weeks), Kooper (34 weeks), and William (full-term, but still my little miracle, too!)
Ikey is totally dapper in his tie!
The thing is, according to these pictures, my life is completely under control. This is probably my biggest problem with the virtual world...it's totally deceiving. You don't see the part where William plugged the toilet the night before we left (as we were frantically trying to pack) and then flushed it again, causing the water to overflow everywhere. Which, in turn, caused us to stop our packing and car-loading and scrub the entire bathroom, throw away carpet, and do extra loads of laundry into the night to clean up everything that got soaked with toilet water. Or when I was trying to cheaply furnish our new house (at the auction) and a super old woman (who obviously had no need for home furnishings...a dealer, I suppose) outbid me on a table I really, REALLY wanted and I almost started crying. Or when I had a public meltdown, on the morning of my birthday, because I constantly feel like we're spinning our tires and just can't get settled. Or when we got home to Illinois, unloaded the car, and 3 days later, it still looks like a grenade exploded in every room of our tiny house. I don't necessarily want you to see those scenes, but I want to make it clear that they do exist. Triplets are hard. This whole situation is hard. My intention is to show you what a day in our house looks like. I know that's what I wanted to see when I knew we had triplets on the way (morbid curiosity?) and for anyone expecting multiples (or just wanting some good entertainment), it might be helpful. Or scary, but I'll let you decide.

4 comments:

  1. Love your posts. It's real, entertaining, unpretentious, unglorified...you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a soon-to-be parent and I love your blog. These pics made me smile, laugh, and tear-up at the same time. The pic of the "preemies" was especially encouraging to me as I'm currently on bed rest trying to keep baby in a little longer. Thanks for sharing your adventures! (Also, if you're ever thinking of post ideas, I would love to hear about your experience with cloth diapering--I work with your Aunt Sonja and she was a good sounding board when I mentioned I was thinking about giving it a try.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome! I am now "retired". If you need additional or supplemental help (BTW your parents are awesome!), let me know! I will do what I can! Love and hugs, Grammy S
    BTW You can never have enough Grammy's :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Katie! And congratulations to you, as well! I'm sorry to hear you've been confined to bedrest...I know it's tough. How many weeks are you, or when is your due date? You don't have to ask me twice to talk about cloth diapering...Stay tuned!!

    ReplyDelete